There are only two kinds of people on the earth - not liberal and republican, black and white, Catholic and Protestant, etc. But SAVED and LOST. A person either goes to heaven or hell at death - there is no third alternative. Where a person spends that eternity should be of paramount concern.
1. One must first realize that we
are all sinners, and none of us has anything to offer God to merit
2. We cannot automatically go to
heaven in spite of our sin, because God - as well as being loving - is
also just, so He says there is a price to pay for our committed
3. The only way for a person to go to heaven, therefore, is to live an absolutely sinless life - never lying, never thinking an unclean thought, always doing what you know you should do, etc. Unfortunately, no one in the history of the human race has ever been able to do that.
4. The only other option for us as sinners would be for someone to live a sinless life (which is impossible, since we all inherit a sin nature at birth), then for that person to offer us his sinless reward for our sinful punishment. Sounds like an absurd proposition, doesn't it? Well, because God loved us so much,this is exactly what He did! Jesus - the second person of the divine Trinity - was born as man through a virgin. Since He didn't come through mankind's lineage, He didn't inherit man's sinful nature (from Adam), so He was without a sin nature at birth. He then lived a sinless life, then He laid down His life for us by dying on a wooden cross ("....anyone who is hung on a tree is under God's curse" Deut. 21:23).
5. Jesus died and was buried. Then
after three days, He rose again, since death had no claim on him. (Remember
- death is the penalty for sin, which Christ was innocent of). Now, He
offers us a FREE
eternal life if we will only take it. It cannot be bought with works, since
we have nothing of value to offer God. We merely need to ask Jesus Christ
to be our Lord and Savior and turn from our sins. Then - the spirit of
God will come to live inside us and give us the power to overcome sin in
our lives, and He will make us into a new creation.
you please consider Jesus' offer of eternal life? It is free of charge.
He demands nothing in return except faithfulness and devotion to Him. In
return, you can leave your life of sin and hopelessness behind and gain
an eternal home with Christ in heaven. Ask Him into your life today and
commit your life to Him. Do not delay, since no man knows when his hour
is to come.
|Don't keep putting it off! Turn to Christ today!|